Want to write for publication? CHECK OUT NURSE AUTHOR & EDITOR as one of the best places to learn to improve your writing: http://naepub.com/
A few suggestions from me
- You should have the goal of disseminating a project that will help others. Just trying to publish “something” won’t take you far. Figure out the unique twist of your ideas. Talk it over with colleagues & see what they find interesting.
- Select as many journals from this list or other lists that you think might be interested: https://nursingeditors.com/journals-directory/
- Write a query email to each journal to see if they are interested. NOTE: some journals will tell you what format your query should follow. You can write as many query letters as you want.
- Pick a journal from those interested. YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE TO ONLY 1 JOURNAL at a time. If that journal rejects you can then submit to 1 other, and so on.
- Edit your paper with that journal’s audience in mind.
- Get a peer to read thoroughly and critique your article! THEN you have to LISTEN to all their concerns. If something is unclear to a peer, it will probably be unclear to a peer-reviewer.
- Format & submit EXACTLY, EXACTLY as they ask on the journal instructions to authors. (If you want to annoy editors and reviewers just ignore their instructions to potential authors.)
- Wait & keep your fingers crossed
- If they turn back to you for revisions that is a GOOD SIGN. It means they’re interested and you should address every concern.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Check our Nurse Author & Editor for sure! http://naepub.com/
One thought on “A FAB resource if you want to let your light shine: Writing for publication”
Great information provide by this blog thanks for sharing the useful information. Its really helps.
click for writing services