If you are writing something for publication, watch this 2 minute video before selecting a journal! You’ll thank yourself for doing it.
< 2 minute video that tells you how to think, check, submit:
Don’t be fooled. It’s a lot of work to prepare something to publish, and you want your work to appear in a credible source and be accessible. It’s YOUR reputation!
If you are a student search for literature, it is important to know this also!! You want to use the highest quality evidence you can find for your projects.
Want to write for publication? CHECK OUT NURSE AUTHOR & EDITOR as one of the best places to learn to improve your writing: http://naepub.com/
A few suggestions from me
- You should have the goal of disseminating a project that will help others. Just trying to publish “something” won’t take you far. Figure out the unique twist of your ideas. Talk it over with colleagues & see what they find interesting.
- Select as many journals from this list or other lists that you think might be interested: https://nursingeditors.com/journals-directory/
- Write a query email to each journal to see if they are interested. NOTE: some journals will tell you what format your query should follow. You can write as many query letters as you want.
- Pick a journal from those interested. YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE TO ONLY 1 JOURNAL at a time. If that journal rejects you can then submit to 1 other, and so on.
- Edit your paper with that journal’s audience in mind.
- Get a peer to read thoroughly and critique your article! THEN you have to LISTEN to all their concerns. If something is unclear to a peer, it will probably be unclear to a peer-reviewer.
- Format & submit EXACTLY, EXACTLY as they ask on the journal instructions to authors. (If you want to annoy editors and reviewers just ignore their instructions to potential authors.)
- Wait & keep your fingers crossed
- If they turn back to you for revisions that is a GOOD SIGN. It means they’re interested and you should address every concern.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Check our Nurse Author & Editor for sure! http://naepub.com/